It was warm earlier in the week but by Wednesday it became truly warm.
100 degrees by days end, Thursday highs were at 104 and we were miserable.
Friday it cooled off a little to 98.
The coaches were emailing us dayly reminding us to hydrate, drink less coffee and alchohol. Hydrate, hydrate,hydrate was the word.
This was quite different from last year when the weather was more moderate.
Saturday at 6 a.m. was much cooler when we left for training.
The first 6 miles were pretty good, warm but strong.The sun was on the right side but not bothersome.
6 miles was done in 1 hour and 29 minutes, a personal record for me.
We turned around faced the remainder of the 6 miles.
By now it was getting quite warm and it was getting harder to walk.
My friend who was walking with me started to slow down and I needed to leave her behind.
I ended walking by myself for awhile and then met up with a team mate for 2 miles.
My final time for 12 miles was 3 hours and 4 minutes.
I had 2 potty stops and 2 waterstops.
2 weeks from now I'll be on the eve of my 3rd half marathon.
I'm hoping to finish in less than 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment