Was to be but blame the fact I never made it there on several factors.
My co-walkers were either sick or on a trip and the drive seemed a bit overkill with gasprices the way they are right now.
Up until the last moment I had thought about going anyway but ditched that idea and drove to a different destination, 30 minutes away.
I have walked this path before either with TEAM or with a friend and it is by far one of my favorites.
Wide open spaces, really nice trial. It has a lot of widlife, geese, pelicans and plenty of seaguls.
My plan was for a 2 hour training. I set my Nano chip and off I went.
I started out on a dirt path, this is not on my favorites list but it seemed a good idea to condition a little for San Diego where the roads can be not so smooth at times.
Imagine yourself here at 6:30 in the morning. You, the geese and the road. Nothing else.
I felt good, my feet were moving and feeling so strong.
At the kick-off many many weeks ago, has it really been over 14 weeks, we were shown a movie. I saw this last year and it touched me incredibly.
The song is "I can go the Distance" by Micheal Bolton.
Through some weird randomization I heard this song 4 times today and every time it was so fitting to what I was doing and where I was.
At some point I felt so alive and so happy to be able to walk this path and to be able to do this for everyone afflicted by Leukemia.
Forget the little aches in my feet, the tightness in my calves. Everything was clear and right in my mind.
I will go the distance in 4 weeks.
And I won't look back
I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track
No I won't accept defeat
It's an uphill slope
But I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance
And my journey is complete
But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart
No comments:
Post a Comment