03 February, 2007

Yeah baby!

Week 2 started today.
Allow me to relay my 2nd weekend training date with you.
My team member, she who drives, called me yesterday to make sure I wanted/could go today to the 7 am training. We agreed to meet at 6:30 at the Starbucks close by.
I get up, eat breakfast. My car has a sheen of ice on it, good this Dutchie hasn't lost the art of scratching the ice off.
It's chilly and quiet and so pretty out. Pitch dark with a full moon. Frost is everywhere. Is this realy California?

Finaly done it's time to haul my sleepy heiney to Starbucks. Once there I notice my phone is still in the car, it's dead too. I plug the thing in to recharge and get a notice "one missed call". It's my team member, the training is at 8 am! Meet at 7:30 instead?
I get my tea and decide to go to Safeway to get snacks, park and while looking for purse realize I have no wallet.
Fine, I think, I'll go home and read the newspaper.
Get home and I have no house key.
In my urge to pack light all I have is the car keys,
Waking the family up is no option, it's 6:45 by now.
So I spent some time at Starbucks, luckily I had knitting to do in the car.

Training went well, the coach revved us up with a peptalk and off we went to walk the track.
We did 2.5 miles and it felt so good afterwards!
I was willing to go the extra mile (get it, extra mile?)

Treated myself to a haircut afterwards and felt rosey all day.

2 comments:

Patty said...

A good workout will always leave me feeling chipper the rest of the day too! Keep up the good work.

Mari said...

Will do Patty!