22 March, 2008

What a glorious day!

Sure getting up at 5:15 am is not as glamerous as it sounds but the pay-off was incredible.
We had a walking date in Santa Cruz which is on the coast. You have to drive through the Redwoods from where we live and you take these windey roads up and mountainrange and (alas) down another mountain range.
It was still a full moon when we left home and as we reached the summit on the mountain the sun started to come out.
The air was crisp and the ocean had a haze over it but it was clear and quite breathtaking.
We started off at State Beach Natural Bridges.

After a little of residential streets and walking past the UC Santa Cruz campus we arrived at Wilder Ranch 

An old farm nestled in a little valley where  a rooster crowded loudly at us as we walked past these old buildings and onto a coastal trail.
This is what I find amazing, I've visited Santa Cruz and have been to Natural Bridges but never knew these places excisted.
The coastal trail was incredibly beautiful. 




I enjoyed looking at the water and the waves crashing onto the rocks.


My walk took 2 hours and 10 minutes and I covered 7.4 miles. Slow pace but it felt good.

No comments: