03 September, 2007

Moving right along....again

41 more days until San Jose Rock and Roll and I'm starting to hear ads on the radio for *my* race.
Seems to me the event will be a bigger deal than San Diego and I hope it doesn't disappoint cause SD did a bit.

How is my training going?
I have many excuses for not walking the distance I should.

The heat has been terrible for the last 2 weeks and thrown into the mix is the fact I'm now the parent to a High School student.
Little man, age 9 years and 10 months, went back to school a week ahead of his sister and that added some extra distractions as well.


Resident Teen ( RT) needs to be at school at 7:50 am. Daddy, never a pillar of responsible getting kids to school on time fame, was voted least likely to take RT to school so Mom was elected.
This means I'm up at 6:30 and we're out of the door by 7:20.
Add a 15 minute drive and all of a sudden I'm left with no kids at 7:35.
Before when RT was at Middle School my walks happened at 8:25.
I gained an hour of free time!
So I walk.

Now with the extra hour I should be able to get an hour in but I tend to only manage 40 minutes before I fizzle out.
I am fast, currently hitting 14.5 to 15.5 minute miles but I'm worried about the endurance part.

Starting tomorrow I'm forcing myself to walk an hour.
This weekend will be mileage as well, I'm thinking 8 at least.

No comments: