5 minutes later I decided to face the music and get up anyway.
Got dressed, drank my shake and headed out.
I was going for my walk, all by myself.
This was the very first time I did more than an hour of walking and before I always had someone to talk to and to support and be supported by.
I chose a popular walking trail because of the amount of people who go there, safety first right?
Mile one was horrid, my calves ached, my foot hurt. By mile 2 boredom set in. I had NOBODY to talk to, my music wasn't as entertaining as I liked and did I mention I was bored?
Mile 3 I started making deals with myself, walk until the first bathroom (at 4 miles) and then I got to turn around.
I ate some sportbeans
With the first bathroom looming not too far away I spotted a familiar face!
A friend to boot, a fellow walker!
His name is Peter and he had been training with a different TEAM.
I literaly begged him to let me walk with him and he agreed.
Well Peter is of the 'let's pick up some speed' kind and pretty soon I was walking faster than I had intended to.
The next 4 miles went by a lot faster than my (all by myself) 4 miles so in the end I walked 2 hours and covered 8 miles.
Yeah, I'm sore allright.
No comments:
Post a Comment