07 April, 2007

When they said 'endurance' they weren't kidding.

Today marked 9 miles.


Lesson learned regarding coffee and a race, one always has to go when one can't.
Before our walks our coach discusses 'foot notes' and it's crucial to listen cause there's info you need to know. So I waited, waited and waited while my bladder was giving me GO signals.
Talk over I rushed, as fast as you can go on cold muscles to the restroom building an agonizing 2 minute walk. (sheesh)
It made me be the last one in the pack, I detest that.
So I walked and overtook 5 people and landed in the slower than me group. The pace is doable but...
I decided to go for mileage and not speed today as I was tired at the start and I had to get over that mental threshold, again, over the higher mileage.

I walked with a team mate and we chatted our way up till mile 6 when she started to get shoe problems.
I had to leave her and walk on.

In the end I finished in 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I am pooped!

2 comments:

Patty said...

9 miles is quite an accomplishment. Being "pooped" is alright, it's a good "pooped".

Mari said...

It was a good 'pooped'
Now I'm trying to recover *giggle*

I'm getting older you know.