15 April, 2007

Ouch!!!!!!

My biggest worry in this journey to my half marathon has been injury to my feet or otherwise.
I had issues with my right foot a few years ago where I frayed a tendon in my foot that put me in a cast for 3 months and physical therapy for 6 months.
When I started my training this injury flared up and I went back to PT.
It was taken care of and I was coasting along nicely and painfree until last night.
I stepped down from a ladder and felt a burning pain through my heel.
I could not put weight on it and I was terrified that I had injured it to the point of no marathon at all.

I iced it, and hoped for the best.
This morning I woke up to almost no pain but after a day at work (on my feet) I had discomfort.
I'm going to Seattle on Tuesday and have no access to PT.

Wish me healing vibes.

No comments: