31 March, 2007

If it's 6 am and I'm awake, it's Saturday!

Our Saturday walks are organized pretty good. 1 week is mentor led then the next is coach led and involves mileage increases.

Today we had a 2 hour walk. Almost didn't make it because I forgot the directions, got cocky and figured I could find it anyway.
But I found my team and off we went.

For some reason I ended up at the head of the pack with another team mate and we kept good pace. The weather was incredible, just right.
We walked an hour and turned around. It felt so good once I was warm and had my pace set.

Things I learned today:

It's fine to talk to a team mate, just be aware of little flies. (extra protein!)
Geese can be mean.
Straight paths are boring

Week 10 starts tomorrow, I signed my recommitment papers according to which I'm now an Athlete.

Go Me!

No comments: