25 March, 2007

Halfway there and picking up speed!

I walked 8 miles with Team on Saturday.

I did my walk in 2 hours and 18 minutes. 6 to 8 of those were potty breaks, water breaks and stretching.
I need to shave off at least 20 minutes to make my 4 hour limit.
I started at the head of the pack this week by accident and I think I'm going to keep doing that. The chatty social bunch is fun but in the long run it's going to hurt me.
I walked most of the 8 miles by myself until the 5.5 mile mark when I met up with a team mate who will go to San Diego as well.
She was behind me and trying to catch up to me (so we were going the same speed I guess)
I waited for her and we paced each other for the remainder 2.5 miles.
Good thing too because I think without each other we'd have struggled.
At the finish line I got a medal (we all did btw) There are pictures and I'll post them as soon as I get them.
I did chafe in parts we won't mention (time to get new undies)

Sunday I walked my 45 minutes with a friend and did some gardening.

Tomorrow marks week 9, 10 more weeks until my race.

4 comments:

Patty said...

About the "chafing", I can't say enough about a product called "bodyglide". I use it everyday and chafing is now non-existant (works on all body parts, ha,ha). It looks like you're past the half way point and doing fine. Keep up the good work!

Mari said...

Yeah, I'm going to have to get that.
I fear my undies were to blame. Victoria Secret doesn't preform well after 3 miles.
I need new shorts anyway so I'm getting a pair I saw last week that has built in undies.

Anonymous said...

keep on going girl! soon I will handle you personally some cash and I might join you for a walk... tot ziens, Caroline

Mari said...

HEEEEE Tante Caroline!

Better start training now, just ask Sylvia.
This is not mall walking!