18 February, 2007

Sunday!

Last week my husband complained, after my walk by the way, that he had wanted to come along and walk with me. Maybe even as a family?

So today I announced we'd go and walk together.
I had the trail picked out and the mileage.

Now if I go out I get dressed, eat breakfast and GO!
Here's my family's way of getting out of the door.

* Little man get's his scooter.


* Resident Teen is brushing her hair.


* Husband is feeding the dogs.


* I'm fully dressed waiting next to the car meanwhile.


* Little man remembers he needs his helmet.


* Resident Teen emerges from her room only to decide a clothing change is in order.


* Husband heads back out to smoke a cigarette


* Little Man needs to find some Lego to build with on the 10 minute drive to the trail


* Resident Teen decides youngest dog needs to walk with us and goes and finds the dog


* I realize I could have walked my 45 minutes by now, on my own.


* Both Little Man and Resident Teen decide they need a water bottle


* Husband goes and helps them hunt for the RIGHT bottle in the house.


* I'm getting REALLY ticked off by now.


* Dog gets into the car, kids get into the car. I get into the car. Husband goes outside for another smoke.


* We finaly make it to the trail. Little Man scooters for 2,5 miles while dog, Resident Teen and husband trial behind and offer smart remarks about my form and speed.


Let's see if we repeat this next weekend.

No comments: