22 September, 2007

22 days to go!

Fall has arrived in California.
It rained pretty badly for a few hours and today it's all grey and gloomy.
I walked this morning. Had planned to walk 10 miles but after mile 5 it started pouring again.
My friends and I stuck it out for a little while longer but at mile 5.5 we were chilly and getting drenched.

This walk was the same I did after we came back from the Netherlands, in contrast I was storng and fast.
No need to call someone to come and get me halfway!

I started listening to a podcast done by sisters called 'the satellite sisters' (http://www.satellitesisters.com/)
At first it was a bit odd to listen to talking people as opposed to music but they were funny and mellow and it made the walking quite good.

I got my race number today, corral 13. My friend G and I are going to go to the expo together as we need to be corralled together (there's a joke in there somewhere I'm sure)

No comments: