03 May, 2007

Changing of the Guard, new shoes!




These were my original shoes and they walk like a dream!
Per coaches order we must buy new shoes after 3 months to rotate. What if at a week before race something happens to your shoes and you have no backup?
Yikes!

I should have gotten a clue that when I bought the first pair the salesman said this was the last pair of that size and it was on sale.
So when I went looking for my follow-up pair I drew a big ZERO. Nobody had my shoes.
I ended up being reassured that the next model was just a bit different and that I should be fine.
Well I bought the next model and they were HORRIBLE!
They pinched, they made my feet hurt. Coach J. told me I should never have to break in a new pair of shoes, that like the 1st pair this pair should be good from step one.

So I resigned myself that maybe I just would stick with my 1st pair and chance it.
That worried me, big time.

Through luck I found a website that had my 'old' shoes for 50% off what I paid for them in January.
So anxious to get them I had them overnight shipped.

And here they are, a bit sedate compared to their predessors but they walk like heaven too.
Going to walk in them this week and next week and pull them out for the lower milage towards the end.







Rock on!

No comments: