My legs hurt within minutes, I was tired and sluggish. I forced 45 minutes out of myself but wasn't feeling the love.
I made the mistake to not eat my snack on time. Lesson learned.
Husband left for bussiness trip to Europe, lucky dawg!, so for my 'free meal' I took the kids for sushi.
I love free meals!
For the last 4 years I was on a lower carbohydrate diet per doctor's orders. I'm still keeping to my Way of Eating by following the Low Glycemic index of foods. Exception is race days and the day before. You need the carbs to recover and as I found out..to not 'bonk'.
The free meal fills the glycogen stores and 'voila' you have fuel for your walk!
It took me awhile to be able to justify eating pasta or rice the night before a big walk but I've found it does make a difference for me. So I do it and tell myself that I'm burning it during the walk and long after.
But I digress!!!!
I walked 7 miles today!!! Woohoo!
That means I did a quarter marathon in 2 hours and 26 minutes.
At this pace I can walk my half in 4 hours and 52 minutes.
Lot's of work will need to be done to make it a bit faster.
We had a dedication for all the people we as participants wanted to honor. I had 3. My friend Kate, Joseph and a lovely dog called Bean who has Lymphoma.
In the end the list was 3 pages long, in a size 12 font.
Mind boggling.
There were tears to people's eyes and I felt very touched by the ceremony.
We lit a candle for our honorees and made a big heart.
(my helpful teenager says it looks weird upside down, but it is really a heart)
No comments:
Post a Comment